Position: Route Driver
Responsible for servicing assigned LQ (Large Quantity) and SQ (Small Quantity) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery. Provides the highest level of customer service possible at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner:
- Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, load sheets, provided by Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
- Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
Reports to Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc. Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspection reports on assigned truck at beginning and end of route. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
Workweek: Monday-Friday. O/T may be required.
A benefits program including medical, dental, 401K/company match, paid vacation and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Education and Experience:
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating the ability to read a map, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portray a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
- Ability to use electronic devices for route completion (e.g. android tablets)
- Two or more years of driving experience preferred. Previous route management experience is a plus.
- Completion of an accredited driving school, or one or more years of Commercial Driving experience, CDL is not required but a plus.
- Maintains current required driver’s license, with an excellent driving record.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Must be able to exert up to 150 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 60 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, push or pull carts weighing as much as 200 pounds.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
TriHaz Solutions offers eligible employees a full range of benefits, including health care with medical, dental, and prescription coverage and a 401(k) plan with employer contribution match.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Candidates must have the legal right to work in the United States and will be subject to pre-employment drug screening.